Pay Range: $85,000-$90,000
Benefits: Employer paid medical, 3% employer contribution to a 401(k) plan, PTO and paid holidays, wellness program and incentives, rolling internal skills training, group life, short- and long-term disability, and more.
Based in Portland, OR
Reports to: CEO
Work Schedule: Full-time. Core hours of Monday-Friday.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule with the possibility of some occasional early morning, evening, and weekend work.
Overall Purpose of this Role:
As Development Director at Helping Hands, you will oversee the organization’s fundraising, manage relationships with current and future donors, and set the communications strategy as this is crucial for our growth and success.
The Development Director is an integral member of our senior leadership team, who reports only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The position develops, implements and monitors a comprehensive fundraising plan to expand philanthropic support of the organization – including identifying and strengthening relationships with community stakeholders, actively pursuing and managing corporate and individual leads, fostering strong donor and sponsor stewardship, and seeking, applying for and managing grant funding, so we expect you to be a hardworking and inspiring leader.
If you, in addition, have great people skills, excellent business acumen, are self-driven, and have an outstanding work ethic, we would love to hear from you!
- Design, plan and implement strategies, plans, and procedures to ensure fundraising goals are met annually
- Set comprehensive goals for business growth and success
- Establish policies and procedures that promote company culture and vision
- Act as the primary point of contact for funding, donations, and fundraising event inquiries
- Create a respectful reputation for HHROC in the community
- Coordinate media events: speak on behalf of the organization with media outlets as needed
- Perform networking at selected community and leadership events
- Build new donor relationships while maintaining ongoing ones
- Oversee daily operations of the development and communication teams
- Oversee branding, image, and consistency of messaging in all organization materials. Including ensure HHROC messaging is updated and accurate in all marketing and outreach materials
- Design and produce annual giving campaign, as well as auxiliary marketing, promotional and outreach materials
- Lead employees by example
- Be a motivator for other employees
- Collect, organize, and maintain a complete and accurate database record of donors and funding received
- Analyze and interpret data and metrics
- Create reports for the leadership team
Other Duties –
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- 2-4 years of management experience required
- Related college or 6-8 years of related experience preferred
- Previous experience in fundraising and/or sales required
- Excellent personal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Hands-on experience with strategic planning and business development
- Good knowledge of data analysis and KPIs
- Customer service, communication, and recordkeeping experience required
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Good public speaking skills required
- Ability to remain calm and focused in stressful situations
- Work is primarily performed indoors, within an office setting, occasionally accompanied by moderate noise levels and exposure to scents.
- Frequently required to sit/stand at a computer or in a stationary position.
- Frequently operates a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as copy machine, printer, and phone.
- Frequently required to move about within the facility for meetings, office equipment, and operations management.
- Frequently drives within the 5 counties that Helping Hands currently operates in.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and insurance coverage for private vehicle use.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, required; PowerPoint preferred
- Lived experience with homelessness and/or addiction.